The mission of the Noosa Prostate Association (NPA)is to promote awareness,
regular testing,early diagnosis and treatment,and to raise funds for the Prostate
Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA).The NPA is associated with the PCFA and
funds raised are paid direct to the PCFA.
Prostate Cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer for men, in Australia.
* 20,000 men are diagnosed with this disease each year.
* An estimated 200,000 Australian men are living with Prostate Cancer.
* More than 3,000 men die of Prostate Cancer in Australia each year …… that is 9 men each and every day!
* More men die of Prostate Cancer than women die of Breast Cancer.
* The risk of getting Prostate Cancer by the age of 75 is 1 in 7 men! By the age of 85 this increases to 1 in 5!
So, every man should understand the importance of talking to his doctor about testing for Prostate Cancer from the age of 50, or 40 if there is a family history of Prostate Cancer.
The Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA) is a broad based community organisation and it is the peak national body for Prostate Cancer in Australia. It is dedicated to reducing the impact of Prostate Cancer on Australian men, their partners and families whilst recognising the diversity of the Australian Community.
* Promoting and funding world leading, innovative research into Prostate Cancer.
* Implementing awareness and advocacy campaigns and education programmes for the Australian Community, Health Professionals and Government.
* Supporting men and their families affected by Prostate Cancer through evidence- based information and resources, Support Groups and Prostate Cancer Specialist Nurses.